Any opticians recommended for bifocal or varifocal contact lenses?

5 posts
Lulubear
Options:
Share this post on:

Any opticians recommended for bifocal or varifocal contact lenses?

Postby Lulubear » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:37 pm

I want to try bifocal or varifocal contact lenses and I am wondering if there are any opticians locally (or in London/Surrey) that anyone would recommend for this?  I gather it is quite hard to get this right.  Also, if this isnt possible I am interested in opticians who are used to customers who are short sighted and now developing long sightedness as they age and who are good at finding the best solutions for them. Thanks!
coffeeclub
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Any opticians recommended for bifocal or varifocal contact lenses?

Postby coffeeclub » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:37 pm

I highly recommend Leightons Opticians in Putney for ensuring you have the contact lenses type and prescription that will work the best for you.

I am short sighted, with one eye starting to develop long sightedness in it, which is actually the eye I am less short sighted in! However, to get the best balance my contact lenses prescription for my more short sighted eye is not as strong as it could be, as this would make the long sightedness worse overall. So basically one eye helps compensates for the short sightedness and the other eye for the long sightedness, so I can get the best of both worlds without the need for varifocal lenses. 

Just had a check up this week with Jay at Leightons who is great. 
40plus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 40plus » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:47 am

I have just had varifocal lenses from Clair vision in Balham, really good service and they were ever so patient with me as i tried a few brands and kept going back to them.  Can't fault the service and i am now used to the lenses.
Good luck
wonkymonkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wonkymonkey » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:19 pm

Karen Lockyer on Northcote Road are absolutely the best. I was extremely shortsighted, had multifocal contact lenses for a while (successfully) and then they recognised cataracts early on due to the machines they use. I have been to many opticians over the years but wouldn’t go anywhere else. They’re knowledgable and also have the technology available which I think is key to ensure good eye health.
Varifocal
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Varifocal » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:21 am

Specsavers on St Johns Rd, my eldest son (now 13) has had varifocal lenses since he was 8 and I have had them for a year or so. They are very helpful and friendly.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.