Hand sanitizers for children

11 posts
MamaMoomin
Share this post on:

Hand sanitizers for children

Postby MamaMoomin » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:01 am

Hi,
I am looking for a recommendation concerning hand creams/balms for children. Using hand sanitizers (even those dedicated for children) has irritated their skin to the point of slight burning. My kids are very unhappy and try to wiggle out of washing hand which is a huge no-no. Did you have such a problem? How did you manage? Could someone recommend a good brand for both hand sanitizers and for some relieving balms, please?                       
newbie_38
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hand sanitizers for children

Postby newbie_38 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:15 pm

We also had to switch and ever since we use  Puressential sanitizer, we had no issues... 
you can buy direct or via Amazon. They sell 80ml bottles which are great for children to take to school
Good luck!
muddyboots
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby muddyboots » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:04 pm

No wonder they refuse if it’s getting sore, is this form pure alcohol Sanitiser? When school used these horrid things my daughter had sore red patches on her hands. Now they wash hands more ( as most effective) and less sanitiser.
I can recommend Nemesis eH2O, alcohol free and will not irritate skin.
The pharmacy near next to Pintus on Northcote road has these.

Otherwise, I’ve used a cheaper garnish one that does not cause any skin irritation that the whole family have used without problems.

Finally, it they really refuse maybe try wet wipes for Hands, Better than nothing.
muddyboots
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby muddyboots » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:04 pm

* Garnier * not garnish ;)
muddyboots
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby muddyboots » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:08 pm

As for cream, once skin is irritated it will burn. E45 is not good for example and makes sore skin burn more. Wileda makes quite good soothing creams or maybe try Aveno. One without perfume.
If this all fails, good old olive oil! Put some drops on and rub it in.

Victoria1234_london
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Victoria1234_london » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:33 am

Cowshed do a really lovely natural no nasties hand sanitiser which is soft on the skin. It’s cheaper to buy it on Amazon if you have Prime, rather than through the cowshed website as you don’t have to pay postage
Liz Mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Liz Mum » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 am

Pursan from Prosafe

This is an actual industrial company but it sells hand sanitizer that has hand sanitiser with moisturiser in it
We use it at a nursery school because it’s so soft on the children’s hands. Failing that your little one could actually have their own bottle of antibacterial soap with a bottle of water?

Pursan from Prosafe Comes from Ireland it gets here in 48 hours. 500 mils is £9 I’m sure you can get a little boots for spray bottle to put a little busy in at a time
nycmommy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nycmommy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:45 am

We've had good luck with the Neal's Yard spray. It smells nice too. Lasts long too. (The bottle).
Sheds
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sheds » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi MamaMoomin - I would be doing some extremely serious research into the actual usage of Hand Sanitisers for everyone, and especially children.  Seems everyone is happy to go along with it with complete disregard for what problems are on the way due to using them.  It is not what they were designed for.  Recommendations from others going along with it is not the research I am pointing to.

Jarovan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jarovan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pm

the best way to stay safe is to wash hands as often as you can,  all sanitizers contain alcohol and harm your little one's hands
Miker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Miker » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:53 am

I have the same question. It is pretty difficult to find a good sanitizer for children

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.