Intro to Mindfulness and Self Compassion, new 8 week course

1 post
LadyGardener
Options:
Share this post on:

Intro to Mindfulness and Self Compassion, new 8 week course

Postby LadyGardener » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:20 pm

This eight-week course, starting Mon Feb 3rd, introduces Mindfulness for health and well-being, no experience is necessary. Bell House, Dulwich Village, SE21.

Mindfulness has been shown to reduce stress, increase emotional resilience, promote a genuine sense of joy and increase a sense of calm to cope with life’s ups and downs.Participants to learn a variety of Mindfulness practices, it also gives support to help practise in daily life. Ideally you will be able to attend all or most of sessions as we build on practice each week. 

Mindfulness is a way of staying in the moment and developing a kind and non-judgemental awareness to ourselves and our surroundings. It helps us see clearly what is going on in our lives. It is not about trying to change the way things are but about accepting things as they are - the pleasant and the unpleasant - and being able to respond to life's ups and downs with greater freedom. It supports a re-connection between mind and body.

This course is helpful for those suffering from stress associated with work, family, health or relationships. Through guided meditation, group discussion and supported home practice you will be introduced to several simple yet powerful mindfulness practices with self-compassion the consistent theme.

Participants will gain insights from psychology and neuroscience and explore the obstacles faced while establishing a mindfulness practice.

Cost £96 for the whole course
Venue: Bell House, 27 College Road, Dulwich Village, London SE21

What are the dates & times of the class?
The course times are 7.00-8.30 pm on 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th Feb & 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd March

What if I can’t make one of the sessions?
We will send you catch up notes of the class.

How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please call Tracy on 07535618170 for more information or email tracy@happylife.org.uk

Medical exemptions Mindfulness may not be appropriate for everybody, e.g. if you have recently experienced severe mental ill health. The course cannot substitute for medical advice or professional treatment but in many cases, can be taken alongside them. Please contact me to discuss if you have any concerns or questions.

What should I bring to the event?Please bring a yoga mat, blanket and pillow if you have them and let me know if not as I have some I can provide. Wear comfortable clothing.

About the trainer Tracy Douthwaite
I have been practising Mindfulness for 5 years, including regular group sessions and retreats. I work with companies and communities increasing mental health awareness and well-being including mindfulness sessions for companies. I also deliver regular talks at Bell House on mental health, well-being and personal development. Find out more here: www.happylife.org.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.