Local CBT/brief solution focused therapist for 9 year old

3 posts
mummybubble
Options:
Share this post on:

Local CBT/brief solution focused therapist for 9 year old

Postby mummybubble » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Hello Nappy Valley,

Can anyone please recommend a local counsellor or preferably child therapist with expertise in CBT who does private work and could see our 9 year old son. He has been displaying a lot of signs of anxiety (sleep disruption, clinginess, anger, statements about not wanting to be alive, extreme nail biting and picking) over the last few months and we think it’s time to get some outside help. We could seek a referral through our school but I suspect the type of help Lambeth/Wandsworth local authorities could give will take a long time to access and be reserved for really extreme cases (given current funding for schools and mental health). Also we are very fortunate to be able to pay privately and are happy to do that and leave the LA services for those who cannot.

We live in Balham.

Thank you in advance!
mummybubble
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Local CBT/brief solution focused therapist for 9 year old

Postby mummybubble » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

Just bumping this thread. Any help gratefully received.
jimisayo
Share this post on:

Re: Local CBT/brief solution focused therapist for 9 year old

Postby jimisayo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello mummybubble,

I don't offer CBT. But I've seen outstanding change with children from 7 through to teens using Havening. Please contact me so we can discuss.

Unlike CBT, Havening doesn't require dozens of sessions and actually works directly with the brain to give the client the breakthroughs needed to live live fully.

You can find out more about the science behind havening at www.havening.org where I am listed as a certified practictioner.

All the best,

Jimi

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.