Afterschool nanny - cost per hour?

5 posts
petal
Options:
Share this post on:

Afterschool nanny - cost per hour?

Postby petal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello,

how much does it cost roughly per hour for an afterschool nanny?
Do you pay from the pick up time onwards?
Do people find this solution works or is it a stress as you depend on one person not being ill compared to a nursery pick up for example.

Thanks,
Ramaboo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Afterschool nanny - cost per hour?

Postby Ramaboo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm

we have an after school nanny 3 days/week through Koru Kids. She collects him from school, walks him home, plays, feeds him supper and I get home 3 hours later

9 hours/ minimum through Koru Kids, term time only. £13/hour but they take all tax, NI, holiday pay out of that, so it works out pretty reasonably

I have found it great so far - really takes the stress off and they are developing a nice bond. 
petal
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby petal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

That’s not bad, do you get a replacement if your nanny is ill given that it’s via an agency?
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Paulette » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am

And I also wondered, how easy is it to find an after school nanny compared to a part time of full time one? Is there a lot of demand for these jobs as the hours are fairly limited?

Spinosaurus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Spinosaurus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:38 am

At the moment we pay £12 and hour and then all tax & NI on top of that. Our current after school nanny picks up our 3 and 5 year old and brings her child with her so the rate is a bit less than if she was on her own. I would have paid up to £15 for the right person- it’s a lot of responsibility and odd hours.

We also have used Koru kids and were happy with that at the time, this was just for one child though.