Private maternity recommendations

2 posts
Citizenm
Options:
Share this post on:

Private maternity recommendations

Postby Citizenm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi! I’ve just found out I’m pregnant a third time but this time I’m armed with private health insurance for maternity. Can anyone recommend hospitals in the area or nearby (I am in Wimbledon)? Any opinions on obstricians vs midwife led care? If you have any tips from previous experiences that would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Shaftesburymum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Private maternity recommendations

Postby Shaftesburymum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi,

Check the small print of your policy to make sure you are covered for maternity care. I have executive level cover from AXA and exclude anything to do with maternity care, or for that matter the menopause, on the basis that neither are medical conditions. It's a policy carefully designed to avoid paying for most of the medical support women will seek over the course of their lifetime. They won't even pay for osteoporosis  diagnostic tests or treatment until you break bones! I don't see any such exclusions particular to men's health. 

If indeed your policy cover does include maternity care, I'd be really interested to know who provides it. I work in an industry which employs far more women that men, so I think AXA was a really poor choice of policy provider for us and I'd been keen to lobby HR to change.

Good luck in finding the right care! 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.