State schools in Earlsfield

3 posts
swmum88
Options:
Share this post on:

State schools in Earlsfield

Postby swmum88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

We are thinking of moving to Earlsfield and are looking at the roads between Burntwood Lane and Streatham cemetery so Franche Court, Huntsbill, Squarey, Bellew etc. These roads seem to be in a 'dead area' for state schools according to some of the school checker websites. I wondered if anyone else lives in this area and has had any experience of getting into Earlsfield Primary School or Beatrix Potter? I rang EPS and they said they now don't have a catchment area for pupils so it would be interesting to hear anyones experience. 

Many thanks.   :)
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: State schools in Earlsfield

Postby rooting4tooting » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm

hi,
I know two families which live around the area you describe. Their children go to Fircroft School, Tooting Bec as a least worst option. There are a couple of schools closer but all parents I know that have had children in the schools have removed them at the first opportunity.
Beatrix and Earlsfield both have a lot of churn, so even if you didn't get in at reception age I would expect a call from them at year 1 or 2.

BTW my children both attended Fircroft so I know the school very well.
Soffy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: State schools in Earlsfield

Postby Soffy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 am

We live in that area (moved here 2 years ago) and are currently having the same dilemma. Most people we know send their children to Smallwood - I’d like to hear more opinions on it from other parents who have children there, but from what I have heard people are generally happy with it.

Schools aside, the area is lovely as it’s such a quiet group of roads full of families, with a playground and green space next door.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.