Best cot for short mums?

3 posts
Foodieflo
Options:
Share this post on:

Best cot for short mums?

Postby Foodieflo » Tue May 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi

I’m pregnant with my first baby & really struggling to find a suitable cot. I’m short at 5ft 1 and find it impossible to reach into cots - especially once they are lowered slightly for older babies / toddlers.

I’ve read that dropside cots are generally considered unsafe and are banned in the US, so wondering how other short mums have managed? My husband suggested a step but there has to be a better solution surely?

Any suggestions?
SM30
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best cot for short mums?

Postby SM30 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi 

Congratulations!
You could try something like cot risers. With my husband having back problems, we got heavy duty cot risers from Amazon to raise height of the cot. It would raise height by say 7cm, not a lot still better than nothing. Even I liked it higher.
Good luck!
amber100
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best cot for short mums?

Postby amber100 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

Hi, I am the same height as you and had the same worry prior to the birth of my first child 4 years ago. However, initially babies are high up in the cot which doesn't require you lean over and then once the grow out of that stage you will be putting them down awake anyway so once again the height isn't too much of a problem. I believe the drop side cots are banned here. We ended up with an IKEA cot and to be honest you learn to live with the height thing. (Unless something new has come to the market that I am not aware of!!)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.