1 post
Fionaonline
Options:
Share this post on:

Cloakroom Design

Postby Fionaonline » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Cloakroom 2 lowres.jpeg
Hi everyone

The thing about cloakroom design is you can really go to town with bold prints.  I worked with this client for over a year on the refurbishment of her house and we loved the process of fine tuning which wall paper to go with.  We narrowed it down to dark and ended up with this one as we felt it would be interesting to go with a dark floor, black ceiling and accessories.  In order to maximise space we used a bespoke basin which is sitting on a handmade bracket.  We asked the same metal worker to make a shelf, a rail and a ring for the hand towel.  He put so much care into the details of even the brackets for the shelf so that they tied in with the basin support.  We used a fabric with a slight sheen to add contrast to the matt paper.  The lighting is minimal to create drama and effect.  I always feel it is the lighting that transforms a space and good quality fittings make all the difference.  The thing with good quality fittings is you need less so it doesn't necessarily cost you more.  I think with interior design people imagine using a designer is expensive however by careful planning, we often make savings, I'm so often reducing the number of light fittings in clients ceilings.  If you have any interior design questions, feel free to email me on info@fionacochran.co.uk, or if you are planning a refurbishment and would like some help, then please have a look at my website www.fionacochran.co.uk and drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you.
Attachments
Cloakroom 3 lowres.jpeg
cloakroom low res.jpeg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.