Heathrow consultation - have your say at Wandsworth Town Hall today 2-8pm - No third runway!

1 post
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Heathrow consultation - have your say at Wandsworth Town Hall today 2-8pm - No third runway!

Postby GuyD73 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am

I thought my neighbours might like to know this is on today and I hope many of you will go down to register your opposition. 

I don't quite understand why there are no events at Putney, Battersea or Barnes but many other parts of W and SW London have these in-person consultations going on til the end of August, see photo from Wandsworth Times. 

My personal view is that the third runway will never get built. It only got permission because this current mendacious government will always put the needs of business before people's health and a new govt with new arithmetic in the Commons will put it down. 
It was always a bad place for an airport and it negatively affects many many more people with noise and pollution than any other comparable airports. I hope there will be many people like me who, perhaps never having taken any kind of direct action before in the name of a cause, will be prepared to lie down in front of bulldozers and get arrested to stop this stupidity. 

https://aec.heathrowconsultation.com/

Please make your comments online but I have a feeling those views will be much more powerful when expressed in person, so I hope some of you will get down to Wandsworth Town Hall today and to the other locations in the weeks ahead. Let's fight this and we'll prevail.  A bit like Brexit, it's a very long way from a done deal.     
Attachments
IMG_9319.JPG