SW18 and nearby state schools for In Year Admissions

1 post
StephenNeet
Options:
Share this post on:

SW18 and nearby state schools for In Year Admissions

Postby StephenNeet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Hello all, 

It's amazing to have this forum to ask questions especially for new comers. I am new to the forum and to Putney. In fact, we are moving from Bournemouth to Putney once a house sale is finalised (fingers crossed). Apologies in advance, I know there are a lot of threads about schools and I have looked through the many pages but wasn't able to find a relevant recent post. 

My girl is in reception at Bournemouth now and we are looking to get her into Year 1 at one of the state schools in or near East Putney. As can imagine schools are mostly oversubscribed and she'd be on a waiting list. A few schools that have indicated possibilities come Sep 2019 are, Ronald Ross, St Josephs Catholic School and Sacred Heart Catholic School (Roehampton). We tried Our Lady of Victories and they had no place sadly. We would be in the SW18 post code once the house sale goes through.. 

Any kind suggestions about these schools or others from happy parents/children are very much appreciated. We don't mind faith schools as child is in a Catholic schools at present.  :) . Child is slightly shy, but loves being with other children and mostly obedient by nature. We are looking for schools that would provide a good foundation but have a good mix of academia and creative bits. Quite liked the look and feel of all three of these schools (the people were very kind).. Thank you all so much! xx