Luxury holiday for single parent

4 posts
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Luxury holiday for single parent

Postby Paulette » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello, would anyone know of a hotel or club where there all loads of single parents with children please?
A place of very good standing please.

Really keen to hear.  As a new divorcee, I don't want to end up looking that the vulture woman (which I am not by the way!). Thanks!
mrsbfrombalham
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Luxury holiday for single parent

Postby mrsbfrombalham » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am

While I don't ave any specific hotels or resort to recommend that would have lots of single parents, I have always felt very welcome and at ease in all the family resorts and holidays I have been to. Other families (with two parents) generally don't care and in fact tend to invite you to join them for say lunch or dinner so you have adult company: a great way to make new friends. In no particular order, I can recommend Neilson Holidays and Club Med. If you fancy adventure-type holidays, Exodus and Intrepid Travel do some really well organised family tours - and other families have always been always lovely. Whatever you choose, have a great time with your children.
powderpuff
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby powderpuff » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Martinhal in Portugal is fab. Not quite so full on in terms of 'start to end of day' childcare but lots of clubs, activities etc. Lovely tennis club is tennis your thing and a very lovely spa too. 
Jellie75
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jellie75 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Have you heard of the Frolo app that recently launched? It was created by a local single mum and it’s an amazing way to connect with local single parents. If you have an Instagram account you can get a feel for just how supportive the community is - the handle is @frolo_app

There are lots of local meet ups and people are now talking about trips away. There is even a group already planning Camp Bestival next year.

One of the amazing mums I met suggested these for single parent holidays:

single parent and kids holidays with SPOH (single parents on holiday)
SPTC group on Fb - Single Parents Travel Club.

Im sure someone on the app could suggest great hotels too!

Hope this helps x

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.