Traffic noise from Wroughton Road

3 posts
chipsss
Options:
Share this post on:

Traffic noise from Wroughton Road

Postby chipsss » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello, we are thinking of renting a house on Wroughton Road and we would like to know if there is a lot of traffic on that road and generally if there is a lot of noise from the street? Many thanks!
judiblackstone
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Traffic noise from Wroughton Road

Postby judiblackstone » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:28 pm

I moved to Wroughton Rd last August. I can only answer for the Chatto Road side of Broomwood Rd. My bedroom is on the ground floor at the front, has good double glazing and I'm not bothered by traffic noise at all, maybe because the living area is at the back. The noise there is from the children at Thomas's which is very loud, especially on Saturday morning in the playground! This part of the road is a cut through though and does get pretty busy especially at school time . I don't think I'd want to be at the Broomwood Rd end as that does have heavy traffic. If you have found somewhere you really like, maybe do a rekky and sit in your car at the times of the day you are worried about? Maybe not 2 in the morning!
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Traffic noise from Wroughton Road

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Of the 4 roads that link Broomwood and Thurleigh, I would say Wroughton gets most of the traffic. Primarily because there are two roads that lead off Wroughton, meaning that oncoming traffic can duck into Kyrle or Roseneath, whereas on Hillier, Gayville and Montholme, drivers can end up reversing half way down the street if a car comes in the other direction.

That said, it wouldn't put me off buying/renting a house on Wroughton as long as it had double glazing.

Really, we should be campaigning for those 4 streets to be one way but that's another post..

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.