Present giving scheme run by local MET police to give presents to 1000 local kids who would otherwise not receive a gift

1 post
shanna
Options:
Share this post on:

Present giving scheme run by local MET police to give presents to 1000 local kids who would otherwise not receive a gift

Postby shanna » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi Lovely NappyValley Mums
This is a scheme I support every year, such a worthy cause at Christmas time and lovely that our MET police organise this and make it happen.  Please support if you can!

Local Mum  

Dear Residents and Associates of Wandsworth, The Christmas tree project has been running for a week now and we have had a pretty good start. But there are still over 2/3 of children needing gifts and not accounted for!  Thank you so much to those of you who have already pledged to provide a gift to a child less fortunate, you are making an amazing contribution.

I get so much positive feedback, not from the children who receive the gifts, but from the people who pledge to supply them. It gives them a sense of pride that they are able to think of and give to others over the festive period.  It has become evident also that parents use it as a poignant educational experience for their own children. Using it to be able to explain that there are children who may live on the same street as them, live in the same area, go to the same school who are not as lucky as them and won’t be getting much this Christmas.  

Please help me supply a gift to a ‘looked after’ child then Christmas! Let’s get every single one of these children a gift to be excited about, something to look forward to, let’s give them a real Christmas treat!  To help me out with this project and make a huge different to a disadvantaged child's life please go to https://www.met.police.uk/christmastree to pledge a gift or donate financially to the project.  

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me on [email=matt.gittins@met.police.uk ]matt.gittins@met.police.uk [/email]

Best wishes to you all in the run up to the festive season, PC Matt GITTINS 321ww PC 3312SW Matthew GITTINS I Putney & Wandsworth SAFE Neighbourhood Policing - Dedicated Ward Officer for FAIRFIELDAddress c/o Lavender Hill Police Station, 176 Lavender Hill, Battersea, SW11 1JX Tel 020 8785 8133| Metphone 300038 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.