I highly recommend finding a consultant to help you in the sector you will be operating in and joining an entrepreneur club of some kind. I have found this to be the most helpful with my business.
Also don’t despair, it takes a couple of years to get things off the ground.
Here are a few takeaways for you:
- drill down on your target market and find your niche. You can’t serve everyone.
- sort out your branding to distinguish yourself - hire a graphic designer.
- sort out your website - you don’t need to build one, a simple ready made site with templates will be great to start with. There are loads.
- Fiverr is a great place to find developers and designers, etc.
- sort out your marketing - how will you reach your target audience? Where do they hang out? Social media, LinkedIn, etc. Also, get your promotional material ready. You are now a saleswoman for your business.
- Network, get out and meet people face to face.
- Finally, take a day at a time and try not burden down your family.