Parents of children with ASD – request for assistance

2 posts
ASDResearcher
Options:
Share this post on:

Parents of children with ASD – request for assistance

Postby ASDResearcher » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

I’m a Psychology MSc student and I’m looking for feedback on your experiences with the process of obtaining a diagnosis of ASD for your child. A 2015 survey of ~1000 parents in the UK found that more than half of those surveyed were dissatisfied with the diagnostic process. Would you be willing to be interviewed (confidentially) about your experience of obtaining a diagnosis of ASD for your child? I am doing a research project in which I am trying to understand the experiences – good and bad – that parents have in going through the process of having their child diagnosed with ASD. I’m particularly interested in speaking with parents whose children were diagnosed some time after starting Primary School. My aim would be, ultimately, to contribute to the discussion, amongst psychology professionals, of how the diagnostic process might be improved for parents. Please let me know if you’re interested in taking part (by sending me a private message) and I can send you more details. I would be happy to conduct the interview at your convenience, either at my university campus in Central London, or locally in South West London.  Thank you very much in advance.  
Ames36
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Parents of children with ASD – request for assistance

Postby Ames36 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:10 am

Happy to help.

Ames

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.