How to deal with neighbours children smoking

3 posts
smashedavo
Options:
Share this post on:

How to deal with neighbours children smoking

Postby smashedavo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi I am new to posting on this site.

We have a similar problem but with cigarettes. The teens next door to us hang out of the loft balcony and smoke. I don't want to complain as we are relatively new neighbours with a toddler and a 6 month old baby. I am sure that they have had their reasons to complain but haven't.
However, as we are now all locked up and with the lovely weather over the weekend I found myself not opening the windows so that the smoke didn't get into the children's rooms. Bit worried about what we will do if it gets really hot.

Should I just call or pop a letter through the door? Not sure which is less offensive?
Familycompleted
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help! Cannabis smell in toddlers room from neighbour!

Postby Familycompleted » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 am

I contacted the council a few times and last year or the year before I even sent them a photo of cannabis plants in pots in their back yard but to no avail..... I wrote again recently and got a reply that they will look into it. Their house is a "council" house so it's under a different team apparently. @smashedavo Cigarettes are even worse I think - ore direct correlation to lung health... at least cannabis is a theoretical risk of increased likelihood of developing schizophrenia by 6X but studies obviously include those who have had predisposing factors etc. Where as with cigarettes there is proof that is harmful, even second-hand smoke. Def speak directly first. They could just smoke elsewhere?
Happyxxx
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to deal with neighbours children smoking

Postby Happyxxx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:19 am

Amazon and ebay sell screens and trellises
Get an 8 foot one And decorate it so there are no holes and the smoke goes up into the air. Or blows back at them:))
Or get a very powerful fan but that would cost electricity. To blow it back. You can get retractable screens. There are some very nice ones.

Or by the children are really nice smoking pot and suggest they put it on the other side of the garden. Whatever you do don’t complain at some stage you will go through the terrible twos then the terrible threes and you wish you never said anything πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.