What weed or plant is this?

5 posts
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

What weed or plant is this?

Postby boonkoh » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Saw these growing at the edge of my grass lawn. Haven't seen these before, and a quick Google search doesn't yield anything familiar in terms of weeds.

Anyone know what they are?

20200424_205623.jpg
KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What weed or plant is this?

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:32 pm

I downloaded a rather good app the other day called PictureThis which tells you which plant is which when you take a photo of it.
There is a free trial but I've just let mine run as I'm useless with plants and it's been fun for the kids.
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boonkoh » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks for the recommendation of PictureThis!

Tried it and it immediately got the right weed : purple deadnettle

Guessing it must be in gardens around me in the Nightingale Triangle, as it isn't a weed that was present in my lawn before.

Looks like some Roundup or Resolva spray will get rid of it easily.
Diovin1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Diovin1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello, I've heard that there is an app that can identify the name of a plant by its photo. This app is designed specifically for identifying plants. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct answer. To be honest, I only recently became interested in the topic of gardening. Before that, I studied, worked, and played computer games. But the quarantine has changed my mind and now I want to grow a lot of plants in my garden. Moreover, I fell in love with nature and began to walk more often. This has had a positive effect on my health. And if we talk about plants, I found the plant care and growing guide, where you can find a lot of useful info about plants. Perhaps you can find a photo of your plant there and find out its name.
Last edited by Diovin1 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:23 pm

I recommend the PistureThis app - but it's rather better at identifying tree types and with the millions of flora types it cannot id everything - still useful though - I found a tiny oak and an ash tree growing in my garden!