Views on Woodentops Nursery Clapham

4 posts
SM30
Options:
Share this post on:

Views on Woodentops Nursery Clapham

Postby SM30 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Hello

I wanted to know if anyone sends their little one to the Woodentops nursery in Clapham? I have a daughter who is 2.5 years old and is on the waiting list there. Since she has been home and have been attending classes like monkey music, baby ballet, I have always been around her. So sending her for full days is a bit daunting for me.

I want to know if anyone sends their child to Woodentops and can share any views?

Also if sending in any other nursery half day is a good option or sending straight full day in Woodentops is good enough? ( Woodentops doesn’t have half day option)

I’m being a bit sensitive and would really like fresh comments on the nursery for toddlers. Thanks a lot.
Moonlightdawn
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Views on Woodentops Nursery Clapham

Postby Moonlightdawn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Have you tried the nursery at Parkgate House school? You can do half days.

Starts at 2.5 years old. Very nurturing and based on the Montessori approach.

It’s term-time only so can be tricky if you are a working parent. But wonderful nevertheless.
JoClaphamMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JoClaphamMum » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Woodentops is a lovely nursery with great staff. They are really strong on the educational side and also have a lot of extra activities for the children which really enrich the experience.
The only point to raise, and one I struggled a bit with, is that they can be a lot more routine led than child led. For example, when children turn 3 they are normally moved to the pre-school room where they cannot nap. Even if children still need a midday nap they are not allowed to the minute they transition. They might tell you that they will wait until your child transitions from 1 nap to no nap but that was not our experience.

So there were situations where some children in the oldest room were literally falling asleep on the lunch table for a few months until they got used to being awake all day. Some parents managed to find ways around it (their children being taken back to the other toddler rooms for a nap) but they really had to fight hard for it.
I think this is the only thing I wish I had known before joining. Hope this helps.
SM30
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SM30 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:33 pm

Thanks a a lot for your replies and suggestions. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.