Where and why do people move from Earlsfield to?

2 posts
ps4999
Options:
Share this post on:

Where and why do people move from Earlsfield to?

Postby ps4999 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 am

Hi ,
I am looking to buy somewhere in Earlsfield. Was curious as to where all the vendors who are selling up are moving to and what their reasons are. Understand that this could be an impossible question to answer as every family have different circumstances and reasons for moving. Was wondering though whether there was a trend for say families to move on once their children had completed primary school in the area or whether they stayed put and used local secondary school options. Obviously in current Covid climate people may be moving up regardless of their children's age to move further out and gain more space.
P
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Where and why do people move from Earlsfield to?

Postby lemonzest » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:47 pm

Interesting question. I live in Earlsfield and may be putting the house on the market before long (in our case because other half has got another job which is necessarily based in another city).

I know a number of people with houses on the market, who have just moved, or who are about to move. A few were hugely delayed moves due to lockdown, some are upsizing in the area, some are moving for more space (including garden space) which they can better afford outside the M25. Only one has moved for secondary school, for their own specific reasons.

In my opinion we have excellent local state secondary schools and this would not be a reason for me to move. I don't really want to move at all but I'm outvoted by the rest of the family ;-)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.