Anybody Know a Decent Lawyer for Wills/Trusts?

6 posts
addled
Options:
Share this post on:

Anybody Know a Decent Lawyer for Wills/Trusts?

Postby addled » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi all. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer to handle the slightly complicated task of writing my life insurance policies into trust? Tks. ADD
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anybody Know a Decent Lawyer for Wills/Trusts?

Postby windmill26 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi,we used bullimoresuggitt.co.uk for our wills and I am happy to recommend them.

ianO
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ianO » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 am

Not sure if this is helpful but just in case, most insurance companies offer a generic trust wording that you can request - normally without charge.
SW12dadfincladviser
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW12dadfincladviser » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:37 am

I agree with ian0 - most insurance companies have trust documents to go with their policies. Please send me a personal message if you would like to discuss in more detail.
DWT
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DWT » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:41 am

I agree with the others regarding the trust side. If you get in touch with the insurance provider they will have a menu of trusts they can help you with. Did you take advice from a professionally qualified independent life assurance adviser? If you did they should have arranged this for you as part of the life assurance application process and I would recommend you go back to the adviser and request they sort this out for you. There should be no charge for writing a policy into trust. If you didn't go through an adviser I would recommend you contact the insurance provider directly and they will send you the appropriate Trust form document (probably a Discretionary Trust). It's incredibly easy and straight forward to do and does not require paying lawyer fees for.
Good luck
VickyatKillik
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VickyatKillik » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:03 am

Hi!

We have a will writing service at a competitive price and would be more than happy to have a chat. You can get in touch by calling us 020 7337 0455 or sending us a quick email to our Northcote branch.

Have a lovely day,
Vicky