Wrap up London coat collection

4 posts
norfolkgirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Wrap up London coat collection

Postby norfolkgirl » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,
Do you have any coats cluttering your cupboards that you could donate to Wrap Up London? They are collecting next week. 

Coats donated to Wrap Up London go directly to people across London who struggle to keep warm during the winter months. Coats are distributed via homeless shelters, refugee centres, organisations supporting the elderly, women’s refuges, children’s centres and other charities helping people in crisis.  

It's a very small charity, that has previously relied on collections at tube and train stations. That isn't happening this year, so they are relying on local collections instead. You can find out more about their work here - https://wrapuplondon.org.uk/faqs

You can donate directly at their drop off points including Safestore Clapham North or Wandsworth (Garratt Lane)  https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/ ... 1NPSdE6U4g

This is for COATS only, but all sizes, kids, male & female.  Please make sure they are as clean as possible.

I have organised a collection on my street from now until Friday 13th November. Could you do the same on your street or at your school? If you are around Northcote Road and just have 1 or 2 coats then please message me to arrange drop off at mine. 

They are also looking for volunteers to sort & pack the coats, write personal messages etc. So if you are able to give your time in any way, just email wulvolunteers@handsonlondon.org.uk. There are collection points all over London, so spread the word.
Wrap up london.PNG
Feeling old
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wrap up London coat collection

Postby Feeling old » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 am

It’s a brilliant idea. We have donated coats for the last couple of years to them. Last year they collected over 27000 coats and passed them to over 100 charities with people in need.
ghpilates
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ghpilates » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:18 am

Hi, 

I was planning on donating today, but read on the website the deadline is 25th November. Do you know of any similar charities I could donate to?
Jonquil1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jonquil1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:01 am

The Salvation Army is still collecting mens coats, the hostel not the shop. Call them for times, most days 10-3.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.