Carpet Moths

4 posts
Turtletwinkle
Options:
Share this post on:

Carpet Moths

Postby Turtletwinkle » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Any recommendations for Carpet Moth killer/prevention. I seem to have an infestation!
Toby Misano
Share this post on:

Re: Carpet Moths

Postby Toby Misano » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:35 am

I originally bought sticky pads from a lady in Trinity Road (seller or restorer of rugs), but that was about ten years ago, and now I resort to getting them off Amazon. I don't bother buying the plastic cages - I just go rogue and put the pads directly on the floor in the offending area.

If you have quite the infestation, I would check the pads after two days - you may find it's only that long until you need to replace the pad.

Good luck!
misanopayments.com

Private & Corporate client foreign exchange services
info@misanopayments.com
ZZZzzz
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ZZZzzz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am

I bought Acana brand spray from Amazon and doused the patches where the creatures were breeding under the carpets (yuck). It kills the eggs, and you could see the actual moths die before your eyes when the spray hit them, so it definitely lays waste to them. I also bought wardrobe sachets you can hang and put between clothes because I'd had an almost parallel infestation in kitchen cupboards and was afraid the carpet ones would jump into clothes (though for the kitchen I bought Rentokil sticky moth traps - over 50 trapped in 2 weeks!). It was insane, we went on holiday for 2 weeks, and came back to the kitchen filled with fluttering moths - after living in the property for 7 years without a single moth. In the end I didn't use the wardrobe sachets because we renovated and all the carpets downstairs were ripped out, so it broke their lifecycle. Luckily they don't seem to have made it upstairs. Frequent hoovering and moving stationary objects like chests of drawers, to disturb any moths that settle to lay eggs, is apparently what you have to be doing on a regular basis.
maze
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby maze » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:12 pm

I’ve used John on 07768 102221 for moths and mice - he’s ex rentokill but now set up on his own.. super nice guy and clearly cares about ppl and his job

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.