can any recommend a good high chair

7 posts
pregnantandproud
Options:
Share this post on:

can any recommend a good high chair

Postby pregnantandproud » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good high chair?
There seem to be so many and the ones recommended look so uncomfortable. Would love a suggestion of anyone has a good one.

Thanks!
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: can any recommend a good high chair

Postby Goldhawk » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:39 am

Tripp Trapp - with the newborn seat and then the baby set is great

Ikea Antilop
pregnantandproud
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pregnantandproud » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:17 am

thanks so much for replying, I will take a look at both.
mymyherewegoagain
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mymyherewegoagain » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello. I also recommend the Stokke Tripp Trapp. We have had ours for eight years and my son still uses it. It’s adjustable and comfortable. I understand the desire to buy everything new for your baby but these are pretty sturdy and second hand are good. You need to get the baby set to begin with. If you go the Tripp Trapp route, I have the baby seat, harness, cushion and tray accessories which I’m happy to pass along. The babyseat and harness are in natural colour. The cushion is multicoloured.
CrepeSuzette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CrepeSuzette » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:45 pm

Tripp Trapp is well-named. We fell into the... er... you know, of buying one for our first child: 'It's so good... it grows with the child... your baby can join you when you sit down for dinner... blah blah.' My brain must have been taking a day off. Babies eat all the time, and hardly ever at exactly the same time as adults. Plus on the rare occasions that my husband and I actually sat at the table to eat it was when everyone else was asleep.
The Tripp Trapp doesn't fold up, so when people come round for dinner (admittedly rare chez nous in baby days), there it is, telling them what an idiot you are. It's really heavy and cumbersome. Oh, and how many times did we both used to stub our toes on the horizontal floor bars and scream and dance around the room on one leg?
Comfortable, mm, not sure about that. My eldest refused to sit on it as soon as he was old enough to make a choice. Why should he, when he could sit on a real chair with a comfy booster?
By the last child, I chucked the thing out (I am lying; I sold it to someone unsuspecting, using the marketing guff that was used to sell it to me in the first place) and bought a nice wipe-down comfy highchair with an easy to clean, removable tray, that was also light and foldable so easy to reposition and have him near me wherever I was, and easy to hide behind a door if necessary. Bonus: I didn't have to spend hundreds of pounds extra on souping it up with a 'baby set', 'safety harness', 'meal tray'. What a total con. I am still kicking myself (but it doesn't hurt as much as stubbing my toe daily on those effing horizontal floor bars - did I mention that?)
mymyherewegoagain
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mymyherewegoagain » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:10 am

CrepeSuzette clearly you hate the Tripp Trapp. pregnantandproud asked which high chairs we recommend. CrepeSuzette, which high chair do you recommend?
CrepeSuzette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CrepeSuzette » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:53 am

It was cunningly encoded in my original post.

[Any] nice wipe-down comfy highchair with an easy to clean, removable tray, that [ia] also light and foldable so easy to reposition and have [him/her] near [you] wherever [you are], and easy to hide behind a door if necessary. Bonus: [you won't] have to spend hundreds of pounds extra on souping it up with a ['newborn set'], 'baby set', 'safety harness', 'meal tray'.

This kind of thing, although I haven't tested it. Better for supporting the baby's legs. Great as it has wheels, too:
www. johnlewis. com/joie-baby-multiply-6-in-1-highchair-fern/p4899454

I forgot one good thing about the Tripp Trapp: gouging out the baby food from all its nooks and crannies did help to while away the time. Just kidding. If I could have torched it in my back garden without setting fire to the neighbours' houses I would have done.