is wine a good thing to invest in?

5 posts
redorwhite
Options:
Share this post on:

is wine a good thing to invest in?

Postby redorwhite » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:01 pm

My children were given some money by their grandparents for Xmas and I wanted to try and do something more than put into the bank and maybe add a little fun too. I was thinking about wine? Would this be a good choice or just bonkers?
denshort
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: is wine a good thing to invest in?

Postby denshort » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:36 pm

We’ve done some with our son’s Christmas/birthday money, you can go anywhere up from about £300 a case (depending on the amount of time you want to be able to keep it for).

I’d recommend privatecellar.co.uk as a starter for info abs also a potential to use 👍🏻
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 pm

If you are serious about investing as opposed to "having a flutter" then probably not unless you know a lot about it.  Mind you, that's the same with any investment.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm

My husband invested in wine a few years ago and of all his investments it’s the one that has done the best. However, I assume you realise that you don’t actually see it! You buy it and then it’s put in the proper storage necessary to keep it in the best condition. And then you need a broker to sell it for you. If you keep it under the stairs at home it will be pretty much worthless
redorwhite
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby redorwhite » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:25 pm

thanks so much for your replies. I will take a look at privatecellar to get some idea.
Dudette, thanks for the heads up on the not seeing it front. I had imagined that we would have it here at home :-( you learn something every day.