Giving birth during the pandemic

2 posts
concernedmum84
Options:
Share this post on:

Giving birth during the pandemic

Postby concernedmum84 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:27 am

Hello - are there any mums that have recently given birth that don't mind sharing their experience?
I am 35 weeks pregnant and I am anxious about giving birth whilst hospitals are this overwhelmed. A lot of my antenatal appointments have been cancelled/postponed due to staffing issues and I worry that this will also transpire the day I go into labour. I would love to hear about your experiences just to have a better idea of what to expect. Thank you!!
KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Giving birth during the pandemic

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi Concernedmum84,

Melanie here from Better Birth Stories. I run a group on Facebook that currently has nearly 5k pregnant folk and new parents in it that should be able to help you with your question.
It is The Hypnobirthing and Positive Birth Group. Do join if you get a chance.

Some other resources that may be great for you are the RCOG - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists: 
shorturl.at/oDFN2
And of course the Twitter or Facebook account of the hospital you have chosen.

Remember that all hospitals have home birth teams also and if you are worried about entering the hospital perhaps you would prefer to switch to the home birth team?
For further home birth info you could join the FB group Home Birth (UK) and of course speak to your care providers.

I do hope that this all helps a little bit?

xx

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.