Naturopath, Herbalist or Homeopath for recurring skin issues

3 posts
bunny20
Options:
Share this post on:

Naturopath, Herbalist or Homeopath for recurring skin issues

Postby bunny20 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:22 pm

Hello

I am looking for some advice and recommendations please. I am a fit and healthy woman in my 40’s but I have a persistent problem with my skin.

I suffer from oily skin and painful cysts on my forehead and around my temples and have tried everything but nothing has worked. I have a very healthy diet, have spent a fortune on dermatology, skincare etc but although I have seen improvements nothing is ever long lasting.

I now want to look at some alternative therapies but I have no idea where to start. Has anyone on here ever used any of the above therapies to help with skin problems and if yes could you please recommend someone to me? Happy to go anywhere in London. Thanks very much x
Toots-1
Share this post on:

Toots-1

Postby Toots-1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 am

Hi there,  I had something similar sounding about 5 years ago (and it had been going on for a good 4-5 years, nothing I tried worked - naturopath, dermatologist etc.) - then in 2016 a dermatologist told me I had a severe reaction to the skin care products I was using (dermatitis). I had to ditch them for the most basic cleansing routine - and haven't looked back since.
Unfortunately this dermatologist was one I see in South Africa so I can't recommend you see her - but if you can find a similar product to the one I got in SA it would be worth trying it out.
It's called an emulsifying ointment (or dry skin emollient), and I used it for both washing my face and as my moisturiser.

The one I use has this ingredient list: "Ingredients: Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20. "  and the label says "contains Cetomacrogol" so that would be someting to look out for as well.
It sounds quite hectic, containing paraffin etc.  (and so many people will tell you not to use anything mineral on your skin) but I am living proof that it works!

Good luck!! x
Toots-1
Share this post on:

Re: Toots-1

Postby Toots-1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Toots-1 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 amThe one I use has this ingredient list: "Ingredients: Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20. "  and the label says "contains Cetomacrogol" so that would be someting to look out for as well.

I just googled " Cetomacrogol " ... you can get products here in the UK with it in, but I found the CREAMS are too much for my skin, only the OINTMENT works for me...
This might be one possibility to try: https://www.medino.com/product/hydromol-ointment-500g

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.