Help with shutters!

4 posts
Wandsworthnewbie
Options:
Share this post on:

Help with shutters!

Postby Wandsworthnewbie » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Hello

I've recently moved into a new property and I am in the process of buying some shutters for all windows downstairs. Does anyone have any advice re MDF or wood for tiered shutters? I've tried google but getting lots of mixed reviews!

Also if anyone has a shutters companies that they'd recommend that would be fab! I have two quotes from Hillary's and ShuttersUp so far.

Thanks!
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help with shutters!

Postby rubyonrails » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:11 pm

I could happily recommend the traditional shutter company. We have shutters from them and my cousin  used them too on my recommendation and was also pleased.

Fast friendly service, not related just happy to give a local resident and business a push.
The Traditional Shutter Company https://www.thetraditionalshuttercompany.co.uk/

freshairmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby freshairmum » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 pm

We used ShuttersUp recently and have been very pleased with the results and the service the whole way through.

But I also got a quote from the Shutter Studio and they were very friendly, and used a hardwood at a very competitive price too.

I don't have a connection with either other than as a customer.
whirlwind
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby whirlwind » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 am

I did loads of research on this when we moved into our current house a few years ago. We ended up going with The New England Shutter Company. Their shutters are wooden rather than MDF and personally I think they are right that you can tell the difference. They were really friendly and professional, and we haven’t had any problems at all with the shutters. Our neighbours also used them and have had their shutters for 15 years now. It obviously depends on your budget and also what you prefer.

The Traditional Shutter Company also seemed to be of the same quality, and I have two friends who used them and were very happy. Someone explained to me that a lot of the other companies actually source their shutters from the same supplier in China.
Good luck.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.