Orthodontist

4 posts
Saab1
Options:
Share this post on:

Orthodontist

Postby Saab1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 am

Hi all
My daughter has had a normal brace for over a year now (paid for by us and treated at 1A orthodontics) as predicted she now needs a fixed brace - she should qualify under the NHS but am struggling to find any NHS orthodontists. 1A will do it but it’s nearly £4000 - that includes a treatment plan for upto 2 years.

Can anyone steer me towards NHS or am I kidding myself with wait lists etC?
Happy to travel!

Thanks
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Orthodontist

Postby tooposhtopush » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:49 am

I was at the dentist a few weeks ago and she said the NHS ones are really struggling as they can't afford the equipment (air purifiers etc) to enable a quick turnaround of patients. As such she felt like it was only going to get worse in terms of the backlog of patients.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I think you might struggle.

Good luck.

windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:23 pm

My child was referred by an NHS dentist (Wandsworth Town Dental Practice ) to A1 for braces.
A1 is not just private orthodontristy but as you went private from the start I think they'll expect you to carry on privately.I can recommend the Dentist practice above ,give them a call to see if they are accepting new NHS clients.

coffeepod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coffeepod » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 am

The Battersea Rise Orthodontic Practice does both NHS and private? Unless that has recently changed?
If you think your child would qualify for NHS maybe try to get a referral to one of the dental clinics?

Good luck finding one.