Night time vibrations!

4 posts
Busybeeworkingmummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Night time vibrations!

Postby Busybeeworkingmummy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Just wondered if anyone has noticed their houses vibrating at night? My neighbours and us have noticed our houses shaking at night. We’re just off Garratt Lane at the summerstown end.
I thought it was lorries but it’s not and it’s waking me up!
Does anyone know if there’s underground works going on at all in the area?
Lyndal j watt
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Night time vibrations!

Postby Lyndal j watt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 am

The trains take the really heavy loads at night which cause vibrations.
i'macowboy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby i'macowboy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am

There is a thread somewhere on here - or maybe on Nextdoor, sorry I can't remember which! - about this, and apparently it's due to the new Nine Elms/Battersea Power Station Northern line extension. At least I assume you're suffering from the same thing - that post was people living in the Hyde Farm area, but I'm guessing you're just further north on the same route?
TootsNewMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TootsNewMum » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:19 am

We have noticed it too and we are in Tooting Bec! It’s noticeable up in our loft extension but not the lower parts of the house. We thought it was perhaps caused by the tube having fewer people on it so the trains shake around and vibrate more. We only seem to notice it late night and v early morning (5am ish) although not all through the night.
I was considering getting a structural engineer in to tell us whether we need to do anything about it as I am already worrying about the house falling down!!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.