Returning to ballet at 11

4 posts
Bbkl
Options:
Share this post on:

Returning to ballet at 11

Postby Bbkl » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 pm

My daughter gave up ballet a few years ago for a few different reasons. She was about to do grade 2 at the time.
She’d like to start up again but she’s 11 now and I don’t know where to look for a suitable class. She wouldn’t enjoy being with younger children and is not exactly a beginner. One possibility is for her to do some private lessons to get her up to speed to join a class. Any suggestions? Preferably around Balham but could travel.
Octavia
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Returning to ballet at 11

Postby Octavia » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:40 am

Hi
My 9 year old daughter (Year 5) goes to Inspire Ballet and Dance in Balham. In the church hall opposite Waitrose car park. She loves it.
I would imagine it would be possible to do private lessons as you suggest to speed her along.
Some of the girls in my daughters academic year took Grade 2 last year. Due to COVID it’s obviously been tricky to do exams so her class haven’t managed to do the exam (they probably should have done it in the autumn) so I’m sure there will be catching up to do for lots of them!
Good luck!
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 am

Mrs Samantha at Inspire definitely offers private lessons and often has a teen beginners or ballet returners class too

http://www.inspireballetdance.co.uk/
Liz_J_M
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Liz_J_M » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:47 am

I second Sam -Inspire Ballet 🩰 she is amazing and kind. She taught at my nursery school for many years before she opens her own school she is delightful and very good value teacher.