Kensington wing

4 posts
Caroline1988
Options:
Share this post on:

Kensington wing

Postby Caroline1988 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Does anyone have any experience of delivery/antenatal care with Matt Cauldwell obstetrician at Kensington Wing? I can see he has recently joined the team.
Caroline1988
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kensington wing

Postby Caroline1988 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:42 am

Any experiences from the Kensington unit? I am looking for a private delivery being covered via my employer but would prefer to book something on recommendation if anyone would like to share?
Thanks in advance
Spring12
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Spring12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:26 am

I had 2/4 children on the Kensington wing under the care of Sean Duffy (who I highly recommend). The first experience was great, the nurses were diligent and caring and I don’t think I ever went 5 minutes without someone asking me if I needed anything. The food was good and I was out post c-section walking and mobile in 3 days. The second experience was more of a mix. I was scheduled to have my section at 7Am and it all ran like clockwork. However the first night the midwives and nurses were barely there at all and failed to notice some red flags which extended my hospital stay a few nights and caused problems after discharge too. We submitted a formal complaint and were upgraded to the big suite they have which was very lovely, but I have to admit I was on edge for the rest of my stay. Overall, the convenience of being much closer than the Portland is still a massive plus- not to be underestimated for things like ante natal and post natal follow ups.
bump
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bump » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:27 pm

I had a high risk baby under Guy Thorp- Beeston but at Chelsea and Westminster. He is also at the Kensington Wing. He was very calm and I felt in very safe hands. Can't comment on Kensington Wing itself but I'm sure has amazing facilities.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.