Clapham Manor Primary School

3 posts
chichineni
Options:
Share this post on:

Clapham Manor Primary School

Postby chichineni » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Hello, I just wanted to to reach out to see if there are any parents who have their kids at Clapham Manor Primary school? My daughter has just been offered a place there but it was a bit of a gamble for us as it was one school we were unable to visit or speak to any teachers during the application process - I was just able to exchange a few emails with admin staff about it. I just want to know if parents are currently happy with it for their children - it was very hard to get  current reviews or information about the school except that in the past it had a good reputation. To be honest we did not think our daughter would get in to this school and so didn't worry too much and now she has we feel a bit anxious that we don't know enough about it. Any comments appreciated. Many thanks!
F&F
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clapham Manor Primary School

Postby F&F » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:08 am

Both my children have attended this school (my daughter is now at secondary and my son is in year 5) and I would highly recommend it.  There's a lot of emphasis on the wellbeing of the children and they have bent over backwards to support my son who hates going to school (he's never asked to leave CM - he just hates the concept of school).  Of course, like any institution it has its flaws and I think they do incredibly well on the ever-shrinking budgets and limited resources and there are a lot of fantastic staff, which in my opinion is the most important thing.  The new head has only been there since September so inevitably there will be some changes afoot but hopefully he will appreciate and build on what already works well.  It's a nerve wracking time having your first child start primary school - especially with all the restriction in place - but she would be very well cared for!
chichineni
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clapham Manor Primary School

Postby chichineni » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Hi, thanks for responding! It is reassuring to hear. I myself remember hating school even in primary and particularly worry about this scenario for my daughter. One of my main wishes is that the school has teachers who are passionate, kind, and attentive and that it is easy to communicate with them about what is going on in school -so glad to hear that you feel they are doing their best for your son.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.