St George's Hospital versus Kingston Hospital

5 posts
LauraW87
Options:
Share this post on:

St George's Hospital versus Kingston Hospital

Postby LauraW87 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi There,

I am trying to decide which hospital to have my first baby in, the choice is between St George's Hospital or Kingston Hospital.

I would really appreciate any recommendations or shared experiences you may have with either of these 2 hospitals, as it's tough to know which is going to provide the better service!

Thanks all!
Laura
KamW
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: St George's Hospital versus Kingston Hospital

Postby KamW » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:41 am

Hi there,
I had my first child at St Georges and the second at Kingston. Both were planned c-sections and went well. Personally for me Kingston was so much nicer, I had my own room and really lovely nurses plus I got to stay in an extra night which really helped with recovery after the operation.
St Georges for me was a totally different experience, as I was on a ward with three others and my screaming newborn. I couldn’t wait to get home and felt as though I was rushed to get myself up and moving. I totally understand the demands of a busy hospital but if you want a nicer experience I’d recommend Kingston.
Good luck!
LauraW87
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LauraW87 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:54 am

Oh amazing, thank you so much! This is very very helpful! I'm definitely leaning towards Kingston as I like the sound of a smaller ward (would be amazing to get my own room, but not banking on that!) and have also heard the aftercare at Kingston is amazing. 
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it and will definitely be taking it onboard! x
ronangel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronangel » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:34 am

I cant help you from a baby point of view but as you say you were treated much better at Kingston hospital.
All I can note here is that a lot of private healthcare insurance companies do not have st Georges on their lists for private patients with none urgent treatment. The reasons it is not for me to speculate on.

LauraW87
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LauraW87 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks so much Ronangel, this is also very useful, and interesting to know about private healthcare companies not sending patients to St George's, I think my mind is made up! Really appreciate this information, thank you x