Quiet places for a drink by Clapham Junction

4 posts
lemondrizzles
Options:
Share this post on:

Quiet places for a drink by Clapham Junction

Postby lemondrizzles » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:07 pm

So my NCT moms and I are hopefully going to be meeting up near Clapham Junction station (it's now the best spot for all as some of us have moved out of London!)

Can anyone recommend a nice place to meet for weekday (probably Thursday) evening drinks, possibly with food/nibbles but the main thing is, a place that is quiet enough that you can hear each other talk?

thanks in advance,  
Toby Misano
Share this post on:

Re: Quiet places for a drink by Clapham Junction

Postby Toby Misano » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 am

Not sure if you'll get what you want especially given you could be meeting on a Thursday! The Plough up the hill from the station is a big venue that might give you the space you need. I'd also suggest the Roundhouse but with there in particular, you'd be better off around the back of the bar, where you might better be able to hear each other if it's a busy night. Anywhere else in there you're almost on top of the bar.

Failing that, perhaps somewhere down the far end of Northcote Road might be better.
misanopayments.com

Private & Corporate client foreign exchange services
info@misanopayments.com
northsidemum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby northsidemum » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:07 am

The bar at the lovely Battersea Arts Centre is very big & usually quite empty (except for at interval time when there is a show on).  They often do snacky food also.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 am

When I was PTA rep we used to meet in Bar Social on Lavender Hill for cut priced cocktails then cross the road to Mien Tay which is a fab Vietnamese restaurant. The evenings were always a great success - not too expensive and everyone had a great time.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.