Social grannys!

3 posts
Claphamkd
Options:
Share this post on:

Social grannys!

Postby Claphamkd » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:24 pm

My fabulous mother-in-law has just moved to Abbeville Village - she is a very very young 70, loves to keep in good shape, very active, loves good coffee, food and wine, theatre/art, walking and gardening. No.. this is not a dating advert! But she would love to make some new friends / find some sociable things to do locally as she has made such a big move from Brighton.

Can anyone recommend any places she might be able to build some local connections with like minded people? Im thinking there must be a trendy pilates class somewhere that isn’t all lithe 20 year olds stretching off a hangover 🤣 or some interesting volunteer opportunities, book club or even better, wine club!

Any suggestions very gratefully received.
Kiwi Mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Social grannys!

Postby Kiwi Mum » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 am

I highly recommend the Battersea WI - I’ve made lots of lovely friends with women of all ages. They have a book club, a film club, an art group, a photography group, a walking group etc, plus monthly speakers’ meetings. If you submit the form on their website, you can get more info.
northsidemum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Social grannys!

Postby northsidemum » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:30 pm

https://www.westminsterboatingbase.co.u ... perdeckers
What about the Upperdckers group at Westminster Boating Base?:"A social and watersports club for over 50s. We encourage everyone from all sections of the community to join.Regular meetings on Mondays throughout the year."