Can anyone recommend a life coach/ career counsellor?

2 posts
wandsworth womble
Options:
Share this post on:

Can anyone recommend a life coach/ career counsellor?

Postby wandsworth womble » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:19 pm

Some time ago, before all this Covid madness started, I decided to leave my moderately well-paid job but which was not making me happy to take some time out to reflect on what I’d really like to do next in my career. However, things have not been easy with first, Brexit uncertainty and secondly, lockdown restrictions hampering building networks which is essential to a career change – Zoom just does not cut it, particularly when starting from scratch.
Time is now rapidly passing me by in a haze of domestic drudgery and all the time I am getting more stale the longer I am out of the job market (and poorer!) whilst there is a little voice always in the back of my head that I made a catastrophic error in leaving one career without any replacement lined up and this pain is all self-inflicted but which has repercussions not just for me but my family. This guilt is hard to shift and causing many sleepless nights.
Consequently, I am feeling rudderless and lacking in confidence and direction – might anyone be able to recommend a life coach/career counsellor (combined if there is such a thing) to help me get back on track, move forward and see things in a more positive light and with less of the self-blaming? I am pretty much at my wit's end truth be told.
Lgab01
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Can anyone recommend a life coach/ career counsellor?

Postby Lgab01 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 am

Hi there Wandsworth -
I was just browsing, and came across this page and your post, and could sense how heartfelt it was.
I'm a certified coach, work as an executive adviser in the corporate world, and am often solicited for these types of life/career , 'I'm stuck, and I don't know how to get un-stuck' types of situations.
This may be serendipity at work, but over the past few weeks, I have been setting things im motion to relaunch a coaching activity (I myself have navigated the vagaries, challenges, fears and anxieties of the 'regular'job v. striking out on one's own)- and I would be more than happy to have an initial chat to get to know each other a bit, and see if/how I might be able to help you.
All best, Leo