Simply loft - warranty issue

3 posts
Mum2Monkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Simply loft - warranty issue

Postby Mum2Monkey » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi!

Around 5 years ago we did our loft conversion with Simply Loft. Since then, I had a great relationship with them - our photos are on their website, we gave them lots of references and people visited our house to look at our loft etc. I was super pleased.

However, we now have a problem with our loft. We had a builder around who has pointed out that some of the materials have eroded and there is a problem with some of the workmanship. The cost of putting right might be £1000.

I contacted Simply and they are saying that as we don't have a physical copy of the warranty, they will not fix. I chased them 4 years ago and they didn't send it through. However, we have a contract with them - they are not disputing the 10 year guarantee and we have been their referee for 5 years. Surely this is their mistake if they did not issue the warranty? 

Any ideas on how to take this forwards most appreciated and has anyone else had any problems with Simply Lofts not coming good on warranties?

Thank you. 

Astolat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Simply loft - warranty issue

Postby Astolat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:48 pm

We had lots of problems with simply. Sorry but I doubt you’ll get anything out of them.

Hopefully you’re able to withdraw consent to be a reference and used in their promotional materials.
Simply Loft
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Simply loft - warranty issue

Postby Simply Loft » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Dear Mum 2 Monkey,

Thank you for your post regarding our warranty process. We have completed thousands of projects across London and pride ourselves on our customer service and warranty procedure. As every project is different, we have a standard process that we have to follow with every warranty claim to check that any potential defects are examined and are indeed covered by the warranty. Once all the checks are completed, any warranty claims are then passed to our maintenance team for fixing. As we understand, our customer service team have been in touch and processed the paperwork for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again on 0800 677 1217 if we can be of any further help.