D12 fire safety policy

3 posts
Cleod
Options:
Share this post on:

D12 fire safety policy

Postby Cleod » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello I’m trying to replace the windows in our flat, the council have got me jumping through hoops to get planning permission. Our windows are currently leaking in water and heat out, but the application has been paused because I need to provide a D12 fire safety policy, I did include an old fire safety check from the house insurance but this wasn’t sufficient for them, they want a specific d12 one.
After a quick google search, it seems for something as simple as replacing windows I shouldn’t need a qualified assessor to do it, but I have no idea how to write this myself.
Does anyone have any experience with this or know how I can get one done cheaply?
Thank you xx
Lepresidente
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: D12 fire safety policy

Postby Lepresidente » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:34 pm

If your just replacing windows like for like , no need for any planning requirements ( unless you are in a conservation area and different stricter rules on style et. ). You must be doing other development work to the flat which requires planning ? Otherwise zero need to involve the planning officers
Cleod
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: D12 fire safety policy

Postby Cleod » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I am in a conservation area and although replacing windows like for like I do need planning permission, the council have confirmed this. I need to sort the fire policy now. Any advice on this?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.