Nervous breakdown

3 posts
Local mother
Options:
Share this post on:

Nervous breakdown

Postby Local mother » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:46 pm

My husband has suffered a breakdown in the last few weeks, been incredibly tough. Does anyone have experience or know anything about being an inpatient at Nightingale hospital? I’m realising it is very early days and he will be off work for several months. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been through similar, themselves or partner.
HenryHoover
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nervous breakdown

Postby HenryHoover » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:09 am

So sorry to hear about your husband. I can't comment on a personal level just wanted to send you a hug. I have two friends that have had daughter's who have been in Nightingale hospital for different reasons and both would say how pleased they were with the care that their daughters received. I am sure that your husband is in great hands. I hope that things start to move in a positive direction for you all soon xx
Jesschester01
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nervous breakdown

Postby Jesschester01 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Hi there, I have no experience of the Nightingale hospital but I just wanted to empathise with your experience. My dad had a nervous breakdown when I was a child, which was incredibly tough to go through as a family - so many implications of day to day life/finances etc. I am still in awe of my mum who literally held it all together - she never gave up hope. I would say the help & treatments on offer today are a million miles from what they were back then & there is so much less stigma - the outcomes now can be so positive.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.