Tick found on husband - advice needed on sprays etc for garden to get rid of them!!

3 posts
Bella581
Options:
Share this post on:

Tick found on husband - advice needed on sprays etc for garden to get rid of them!!

Postby Bella581 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:50 pm

My husband pulled something off his arm this evening saying he felt it bite him and on closer inspection it looked like a tick. He was out in the garden not long before so we’re guessing it came from there.

Now I’m panicking as I have two small boys and a cat and I’m worried they will get bitten if they go out into the garden.

Can anyone advise on sprays for the garden and anything else we should be doing to prevent them?

Also any recommended sprays for the children would be really helpful.

Thank you
Janet14
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Tick found on husband - advice needed on sprays etc for garden to get rid of them!!

Postby Janet14 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 am

I wouldn’t panic too much, we live out in the countryside now with kids outside permanently so ticks are just a by product of countryside living. Just make sure you are checking regularly, particularly in the groin area on your kids and if you see one twist and pull. If you see a round circle form at any point get to the Dr for some antibiotics. I haven’t heard of any sprays, just wearing long sleeves and trousers if you’re worried but don’t let it stop you going outside!
countrywoodentop
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Tick found on husband - advice needed on sprays etc for garden to get rid of them!!

Postby countrywoodentop » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:49 am

We live out in the countryside too now. Not much you can do to stop them being around, although they are usually only found where there are deer.
We use a spray called Smidge (can be bought on Amazon) on ankles when we are in the woods.
Pets can use the tick & flea medication on the back of their necks.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.