LIVE IN COMPANION/CARER RECOMMENDATION NEEDED FOR OCCASIONAL VISITS

1 post
MimiMum
Options:
Share this post on:

LIVE IN COMPANION/CARER RECOMMENDATION NEEDED FOR OCCASIONAL VISITS

Postby MimiMum » Thu May 12, 2022 2:24 pm

My soon to be 84 year old partner recently came home from St George's where he was on a ventilator for
two days with post Covid complications.  He is much better now but still understandably nervous about what happened and doesn't really like being on his own too much.  He is mainly in the house but his mobility is getting better and he does do little local park walks and can fix himself simple food etc.  I may need to be away for a few days soon, dates unspecified, so we wondered if anyone could recommend a good live-in companion/carer who could live in (SW17 house) if I go away?  Own self contained accommodation.  Doesn't need to be medically qualified, and no personal care involved. Just someone preferably mature, kind and with common sense just to give him a sense of reassurance that someone is around.  No cooking involved really, just maybe the occasional omelette or baked salmon in foil etc, he mainly lives on simple food a lot of it mashed!  Just wondered if anyone has been in similar situation and could recommend someone that has looked after their own family/
friends.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.