Can you recommend a counsellor / therapist for a friend who’s marriage is breaking up?

2 posts
twice_as_nice
Options:
Share this post on:

Can you recommend a counsellor / therapist for a friend who’s marriage is breaking up?

Postby twice_as_nice » Tue May 24, 2022 12:57 pm

A close friend has split up with her husband recently.  The circumstances regarding why she asked him to leave are quite messy, financially things are difficult and she’s working through the guilt associated with leaving him….

She would like to get counselling (not CBT but something deeper) via zoom and so I wondered if anyone can recommend someone to help her?   She needs someone professional and with experience in relationship break ups.

If you’ve had experience with a counsellor that you could recommend I would love to hear from you.  Cost is a consideration, if there are any excellent charities or not for profits that can help I’d be very interested to hear about them too. 

Please feel free to PM me directly as of course this is a personal subject. 

Thank you for your help. 

Liz
deckchair
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Can you recommend a counsellor / therapist for a friend who’s marriage is breaking up?

Postby deckchair » Tue May 24, 2022 2:41 pm

The Awareness Centre on Abbeville Road gets very good press. They have a large number of different counsellors/pychotherapists and psycologists and have a lower fee offering - not sure what that means exactly but you or your friend could reach out and investigate. 

Best of luck to her and well done to you for trying to find her some help. It must be a very stressful time.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.