Shredding paperwork

3 posts
KayceeBee
Options:
Share this post on:

Shredding paperwork

Postby KayceeBee » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:47 pm

What do people do with their paperwork that needs shredding?

I have a pile of domestic documents which I need to shred. Not a massive pile but too big for the shredder I have at home, which only takes a few sheets at a time and needs a rest after about 10mins.

Any recommendations for companies that collect or where I can take the docs appreciated.
dimelda
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Shredding paperwork

Postby dimelda » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:25 pm

Hello Kaycebee:  I was researching this very subject a couple of years ago & found the following three companies offered a shredding service. You could try them.  Depending on what you have to shred, it's important - I think - particularly with confidential documents, that you watch the staff while they're actually shredding the paperwork.  Good luck.  Dimelda. 

Paper Mountains www.papermountains.com   Their Sales office in is in City Rd. EC1.

Identity Destruction in Feltham www.identitydestruction.co.ukIdentity Destruction say:  ‘Deliver your documents in your own sacks, bags and boxes into the Feltham shred branch which is fully equipped with a screened viewing area and a live camera feed inside our shredding machines.   Our trained and friendly staff will cross-shred your confidential paperwork and hard drives right in front of your eyes in just seconds!  

Shredall
www.shredall.co.uk
Based in London   
muddyboots
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Shredding paperwork

Postby muddyboots » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:33 pm

As we are not allowed to throw shredded paper in recycling I just make sure I rip
Off the name/personal details of letters etc

If anything is more private I rip it more diligently.

If you work in an office you could be cheeky and shred it there. (Unless ridiculous amount obviously)
Office shredders are amazing compared to home ones and can take much more .

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.