Activities for widowed Dad

3 posts
Niclon
Options:
Share this post on:

Activities for widowed Dad

Postby Niclon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:20 pm

My 80 year old Dad was recently widowed but is a very active man. After a few years staying home looking after Mum in Cornwall he is spending a week a month with us in London and wants to embrace everything London (he was in the Met Police in the 60s and loves to recount stories). Does anyone have any suggestions for groups or activities in Clapham and nearby?

Ideally he would do some yoga, polish up his cooking skills, maybe get some confidence in watercolours and chew the fat with other active plus 70s types. But he is up for all sorts of new challenges!

All suggestions welcome!
Open Air Fit
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Activities for widowed Dad

Postby Open Air Fit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:59 pm

It's not Yoga, but at Open Air Fit we run a popular 45 minute Fitness class specifically designed for the Over 60's on Wandsworth Common in the dog free area, opposite the Skylark Cafe every Tuesday at 11:15 am and have a great group of regulars who are very welcoming, and with the cafe right next door there's an opportunity for a coffee or even lunch after the session too! 

The session is aimed at all abilities and we always offer a free trial.

I'm attaching a flyer which has the details, but do send us an email at info@openairfit.com if you'd like to know more and we'd love to have your dad come along and give it a go.  

Attachments
Over 60's Fitness.jpeg
Kate14
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Activities for widowed Dad

Postby Kate14 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 am

My dad is really enjoying the activities hes doing through University of the Third Age; hes learning Latin, canasta, and something else that I forget. Hes a very active 70 year old so I think their activities have lots of younger old people, if that makes sense. Hes Dorset-based but they have courses nationwide.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.