Infant Observation Participant Request

1 post
ctannerct
Options:
Share this post on:

Infant Observation Participant Request

Postby ctannerct » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:51 pm

My name is Christina Tanner and I am a trainee psychotherapist based in Balham. I am about to begin my final year as a student on the Intercultural Psychodynamic Psychotherapy course at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. This is a well-established course that will qualify me for accreditation with the British Psychoanalytic Council.

One important part of the course is an infant observation, which involves observing the interaction between a baby and caretaker in the first year of life. I am looking for an expecting family who would be interested in taking part. The observation would involve me coming to the family home for one hour each week at a mutually agreed upon time. This would ideally begin when the baby is 4-6 weeks old and would last for one year.

The purpose of the infant observation is to help students learn about very early development and the baby’s early relationships. All details of the observation would be kept strictly confidential. I can provide an enhanced DBS check and References.

The Tavistock and Portman is a part of the NHS. Further details of the course can be found here: https://tavistockandportman.ac.uk/cours ... rapy-d59i/

Most families that have participated in an infant observation report finding it a supportive and enriching experience.

If you would be interested in taking part, please contact me at 07425346805 or by email at christina.n.tanner@gmail.com.

Many Thanks,

Christina

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.