Where’s the next Northcote Road?

4 posts
BrxCommons
Options:
Share this post on:

Where’s the next Northcote Road?

Postby BrxCommons » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 pm

My husband and I have very fortunately inherited some money and would like to invest in a buy to let flat. Having rented in the area for many years and loved living there when we were younger, we’re now finding we are completely priced out!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on where the next “Northcote Road”/up and coming area might be?
Barbie
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Where’s the next Northcote Road?

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:36 pm

Herne Hill might be worth a look?
Joe1989
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Joe1989 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:40 am

I’d say you’re about 10 years too late for BTL on a private ownership basis. You’d be lucky to get a 3-4% return assuming there’s no financing.. it’d be less if you have a BTL mortgage given you can’t offset more than 20% of the interest payments against tax.
Better investment vehicle would be gilts (gov bonds) which pay 5% now and you can get on standard platforms like HL or ii.
..they’re also income tax free if you elect for those that pay the premium as part of the final capital payment, as that’ll be captured by CGT.. and government bonds are CGT free.

If you’re looking to play the property game then it’s a different matter of course.. but BTL no longer pays a very good return on an annual basis.
sarah.tee
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sarah.tee » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:20 am

Hi,
I have my lovely apartment in Clapham Park on the market, It would be ideal for letting as it's 2-bed 2-bath - both bedrooms are doubles (one is en suite).
Clapham Park is a regeneration area set to go from strength to strength, very close to Abbeville Village.
Here is the online listing (which is still a work in progress) but if you want any other details please do get in touch.  :)
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/137158991
My mobile is 07799 713196
Sarah

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.