What DO we want on Northcote Road???

513 posts
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What DO we want on Northcote Road???

Postby szerma » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 pm

I am really surprised Mountain Warehouse is reappearing - they were in the site which is now Pret for 2 years and then closed, about 2 years ago I think?

There is a lovely new Middle Eastern (Lebanese) on the corner of Battersea Rise and Northcote - next to Dip & Flip. It’s called Amar and it replaced the previous kebab shop. The food is really great, and reasonably priced. They have nice tidy tables at the back and the owner is very passionate about food. Highly recommended! They also do take away and delivery, and are open for lunch and dinner. A nice alternative to Baba Boom! (Baba Boom is great but always super busy).

Agreed about the pizza and burger joints and the posh kids shops... why we need another burger joint next to Franco Manca is beyond me (why not Mexican for example??).

By the way, Farrago on Battersea Rise is now a lovely, upmarket Italian, great decor and nice for a special night out.
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Paulette » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 pm

I second Farrago on Battersea Rise. Real good fresh food, I'd hate for them to go. They are lovely too.

There is not many options now when it comes to independent restaurants of good quality, we seem to be left with chains... a shame really. 
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szerma » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am

When I walked by on Saturday midday, I was pleasantly surprised that Farrago seem to do a lovely and reasonably priced brunch too - a great option for anyone not wanting to queue on Northcote Road.

Maja