Nanny/Housekeepers, are they good/worth it? HELP!!

2 posts
tatters
Options:
Share this post on:

Nanny/Housekeepers, are they good/worth it? HELP!!

Postby tatters » Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 am

Hi all,

I am currently full-time mummy to my 2 yr old daughter and 10 month old son, and have a cleaner for 10 hours per week and a Friday nanny for 10 hours as help. I do all the laundry and cooking for my little ones myself, and increasingly their ironing too. I suspect our cleaner has got a bit lazy, but she's been with my husband's family for years. However listening to our friends with a housekeeper in Singapore last night, I became very tempted with thinking about other options...

I am looking to go back to work part-time from Sept this year, so would love your advice on getting a live-out nanny/housekeeper for 30 hours per week instead of the both of the above. Obviously it's a bit delicate with my husband, but I want someone who will be a whizz, come in and sort us all out within an inch of our lives! I love our current nanny, but I guess it's not really in her job remmit at the mo to do that much housework at the mo. If I was increasing her hours, I could get her to do more?? Of course it is super important that anyone looking after our kids is brilliant with them too. I just wonder if it's better to have someone who can basically be of use every hour that they are here....

Want I really want is people or a person buzzing around our house like I do making sure everything is clean, and the kids are happy and well fed. Is that realistic?! Is the grass really greener on the other side?! I would love to know. HELP!!

Thanks so much Txx
2boysmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nanny/Housekeepers, are they good/worth it? HELP!!

Postby 2boysmum » Mon May 14, 2012 6:40 pm

just had my third child and got a mothers help/housekeeper for 20 hours a week - ever afternoon. it is LIFE CHANGING!! as you say she breezes roud the house doing laundry, changing beds, keeping drawers and cupboards tidy, organizing toys, helping with kids tea and bath, changing nappies....it means i get more quality time with my children and that the house is put back together again at the end of the day so when the kids are in bed i can truly relax.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.