Putting your EU nanny on our car insurance?

3 posts
dansk1234dance
Options:
Share this post on:

Putting your EU nanny on our car insurance?

Postby dansk1234dance » Wed May 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Hey there

My nanny is from another EU country and although she's had an EU driver's license for 8 years or so, her UK license is only a month old.

My current insurance company (Sheila's wheels) will charge me £45 per month to pur her on our insurance. This is the same amount I'm already paying for my husband and me, which seems like a lot!

Do any of you have any insurance company recommendations or any experience with this, please? I'm hoping to find something a little cheaper than £45 pm.

(Not sure if it matters, but my nanny is live-in, so her address is the same as mine)

thanks so much
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Putting your EU nanny on our car insurance?

Postby Annabel (admin) » Sat May 16, 2015 5:29 pm

I've mentioned this in the weekly email so hopefully we'll get some feedback for you.

Whilst I was writing the weekly email I dug around for an insurance advert I could reference which I hoped might be funny and found this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filt ... n-cry.html

it's a total and utter heartbreaker!

am off for a cry!
Mum2Monkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Putting your EU nanny on our car insurance?

Postby Mum2Monkey » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm

My nanny has had her licence for longer but I was still quoted over £400 per year extra, which would almost double our premium. I was told it was because we were insuring a non family member on our car. Speaking to others, I understand that this seems to be what you expect to pay

If you find a cheaper solution then would be good to know.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.